Duplex from 1936 completely renovated and converted into a detached house. New floor plan with split levels connected by stairs in the center of the house.
Original house was built in a time of transition; the facades facing the street had classicist features while the house facing the garden was given a functionalist design. Complete remodeling of the house required completely new facades. We chose a facade design where the two architectural styles are united on all 4 sides of the house.
The house’s original timber walls are preserved and exposed in the interiors. The exterior is additionally insulated and clad with oak shingles. The roof is covered with old locally produced tiles. Dinesen Douglas on all floors. Black alder veneer on new walls.
Text provided by the architect