While designing the Piano desk we wanted to come up with a thoughtful solution oriented towards the need of working from home. Our focus was to being able to enhance productivity, creativity, and engagement trough a very simple yet sophisticated solution consisting of a metal stand inspired by the way piano players hold their sheets of music, hence the name. This key feature allows users to benefit from smart and stimulating working methods with ease by placing books or other documents and use them as tools during process stages of work. The desk has a distinctive design and brings a sense of freshness due to material and color contrast.
– Enhance the user’s productivity through a stand which allows deeper engagement with work material.
– Improve desk setups by encouraging creative and lively organization layouts.To design fresh and suitable solutions for the ever-growing “working from home” demand.
– Inspired by the way piano players hold their sheets of music, hence the name, the product’s form follows its function abstracting from the original inspiration trough a distinctive and refreshing look based on hybrid material selection.
– The product is self-explanatory of its key feature but leaves room for the user’s self-expression. This works mainly because of its minimal design approach which makes the product understandable and allow users to benefit from smart and stimulating working methods effortlessly.
– Although other desks might incorporate similar bookshelves for storing purposes, they lack a proper angled stand and miss the opportunity to let users take advantage of their books as working tools (i.e., as reference during process stages of work).
– Flat-Pack approach makes way for affordability, sustainability, recyclability, and transportability.
– The product highlights color moods for the metal stand acknowledging its power to better relate to individuals.
Text provided by Designer